Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 40 - Another year

Dear Mum,

Well, another year has been and gone, hard to believe its been sixteen now, one more and you will have been gone for as long as I knew you, hardly seems fair does it!

It's been quite a year, as you probably know! O & L are growing so fast. You would have loved them you know! L is certainly a little character, she makes me laugh every day, they both do. Infact O came out with that 'Allo Vera' saying just the other day which just reminded me of you! There isn't a day that goes by I don't think of you, wishing you were here to chat to, to laugh with & to see the children grow up. I hope we would still have had the friendship we had when I was 17, but more than likely we would have fallen out over something along the way though, you always did have that fiery temper!

Sometimes it feels just like yesterday when we said goodbye, other times its hard to believe everything that I have done since you went. Uni, weddings, jobs, children.. I know I haven't always made the best decisions but I hope you can see how much happier I am now, it would just have been perfect to have you around as well!(especially as we could really do with a babysitter now the kids are a bit older!)

Any way the snow is on its way, as it always does every single year at this time. It's funny isn't it, that week it stopped us from seeing you at your worst, and gave us a week off school to have fun and be the children we were, I'm grateful to it for that! I probably wont be saying that in the morning though when I'm pulling the kids to school on a sledge!

I have to go now any way, I feel a nice glass of red wine calling me from the kitchen! Give Gran and Grandpa a hug from me :)

I miss you, so very much, sleep tight xx


No comments:

Post a Comment